View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

honestly... detailing for me is a hobby and I really enjoy making my car look good... everyone has different ideas about it.

First, your chances of burning the paint with a PC are pretty much none unless you hold the PC there for about 10 minutes in the same spot and even then it might not burn it. There are plenty of videos out there to show you how to buff a car.

The PC (porter cable) however isn't extremely powerful... I started out with one, but later on also bought a Flex polisher which has much more torque but is still safe... you just have to keep the buffer moving, be patient and let it do it's job.

You also have to know things such as which pad and polish to use for which type of paint condition.

I do not own a single adam's item... i'm sure they're good, but remember that everyone out there will claim their product is best.

What I suggest is that you join autopia.org and ask the same questions you did here. There are real professional detailers there... better than anything you've seen on this site that will know the very best route for you to go.

Some people on here represent certain companies and try to promote their product, which is ok ... but that doesn't mean that you have to pay a lot of money for a certain type of kit when you may find that some pro's might know of better products that are a bit cheaper.

just my 2 cents.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote