View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
tommyguns
Track Member

Drives: 370Z/Sport/Black/MT
tommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeOne View Post
When you talk about a engine "using" oil... to me, it is in the context of something unacceptable.

Sure engines USE oil, but one and a quarter qrts per 3000 miles isn't within reason. That is a lot.

My engine may consume less than a 1/4th qrt every oil change which is about 4000 miles.
Well after having a short block replacement done to my Z, I have been keeping a close eye on it. I still believe there is a problem with the heads as I'm still consuming oil. So after bringing it back I now have been told by a Nissan rep that 1 quart per 1,000 miles is acceptable! NO WAY, so after 2,000 miles of break-in (lol) I intend to document every 500 miles and if continues to consume oil I will be going back and demand a long block or lemon law. The mods that are on my car are the same as with the first engine and Nissan had no problem with them. It was also suggested that I go with 5-40 oil and add BG additive. Can anyone tell me what the original TSB list for max consumption.
09 Sport / MB / 6sd / Nismo"R" Intake / Eibach Pro Kit / Z1 25 row cooler / JWT LW FW / New Short Block 3/11/11 /H&R 15fr 20rr/DBA 4000/FI CB with 12"res./Morel/JL/"Division"mod/SPC/EcuTek/M370/ZEX C SHOT/ART's/NRG
tommyguns is offline   Reply With Quote