View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #172 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
IC, not disagreeing with everything you said, but I think the GT-R's power is irrelevant. It's still blazing fast, and it can be modded for more power.

Personally, power matters very little to me in terms of performance. Look at what a Lotus Elise can do with a 190hp Celica engine.
I was referring to the 370Z's engine regarding power. The GT-R is an awesome performance machine. I have even considered buying a left-over '12 in '13, but the fact that I don't like Japanese cars is keeping me from it. Their thinking is backward from mine and I don't like that. I'm sure it's fine with many, but when I look at the suspension, etc. on a corvette, I think "Hey, I would have done that that way, too!" and when I look at the suspension on my Infiniti, I think "WTF is that for? All it does is make creaking noises!?!" Sadly, the dealership doesn't know, either. Meh. I just have a problem with the Japanese thinking when it comes to design. I'm sure they feel the same about American cars. I don't plan on working on my own car due to warranty issues until it is out of warranty, but I like to know that I could if I wanted to. When I look at a Japanese car, I feel like beyond basic maintenance and a brake job, I am lost.

As to the Elise, it's a tin can. Might as well say "Look what a Gixxer 1300 does with it's tiny engine!" Except the Gixxer is fast and the Elise is not. Power/weight is where it's at. However, the 370Z is a lot more portly than an Elise.

Sorry to argue, but I was out shooting the shotguns this morning and a few chiggers got ahold of my ankles and I have to take it out on someone. Oddly, Italian shotguns make more sense to me than American one's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
Speaking of Lotus Elise, that's a sexy sexy car!

The new face-lift is even sexier I think.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 06-09-2011 at 02:25 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote