View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dustin@Z1
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: NLA
Dustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Sounds good. You just gave me a reason to go to Autozone...always something I enjoy. But I'll come back with $100 worth of wax, interior wipes, washer fluid, etc etc most likely too!

What's the specified torque on that bolt? I thought it was something in the 15 lb-ft range.
Just a heads up...I just read on Racepartswholesale.com stating that the socket size you need is 1 1/8" ??? From what I measured, it was less than that, might go ahead and grab a 1 1/16" while you are at it (take it back when you re done).

As for the torque spec, there really is not a definitive answer. I have been digging around for about two hours looking and from what I can tell, the general rule of thumb is to torque it down roughly the same torque spec as the factory oil filter bolt. I do not have access to the FSM from my house, but I will gladly look it up when I get back in the office.

BTW... I agree with the autozone comment. I always end up getting more than what I needed originally. Thankfully AutoZone has the $20 rewards program, I cash in on that alot!
Dustin@Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote