View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
ONEighty
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2011 G37S & 2010 S4
ONEighty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
I would like to revive this thread in regards to the section of the housing in front of the turn signals in which the paint melted and cracked.

I had a new set of headlights modded with projector lens for the turn signals, and the same section showed signs of damage after a week of driving. I had to ship one of the headlights back for repair, and the modder discovered that the projector lens in the turn signals was casting an image directly onto the damaged site no matter where the light source was at. So this pretty much concludes that the combination of the matte black surface and the sun shining through the projector lens melted the housing.

So for those of you who would like to convert the turn signals to a projector style, mask of the section of the housing in front of the turn signals and leave it chrome. That will reflect nearly all of the projected sunlight from the lens and keep it from melting.

It was a bit late in the design for my headlights, so I will keep this in mind if I ever work on Version 3.0 of my headlights.

I stand corrected that CinCity was NOT at fault for this issue.
That's so odd, we've had the projector style turn signal on a customers car for a little bit more than 2 months and I've seen his headlights a few days ago and there wasn't any issues with the housing.... must be something else?

CUSTOM HEADLIGHT DESIGNS AND MODIFICATIONS - PRICES & DETAILS

Contact: (347) 821-6176 (M-F 9AM-6PM EST) EMAIL: info@oneightynyc.com
ONEighty is offline   Reply With Quote