View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Thumper View Post
Because I want to and it's my $ not yours.

I don't really care if you question my methods, to each their own. What's your background in mechanical engineering and metallurgy?

With several new vehicles in my past I've never (knock on wood) had a mechanical breakdown, oil consumption issue, etc. What works for me might not work for you, so do what you want.
Thumper, your first statement ends it all and summarizes everything. Yes, it's your $, same way it's my $ for my car, and the OP's $ for his car. Like I said, if it works for you, then great. I was just wondering where and how you came about with these methods. That's all. I hope you didn't take this as disrespect to your methods as that was not my intent.

I have an engineering background, but not to the extent that would qualify me to know the validity of EITHER method of break-in, hence my resolve to go with the manufacturer's methods.
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra

Last edited by FromG2Z; 06-08-2011 at 03:42 PM.
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote