View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Armonster
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z t/sp/6mt
Armonster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
That's is precisely how I view your posts, in this thread!
Hey "dad," not to bust your balls or anything, but I would like to point out that you posted in this break-in thread contradicting what you have said in this thread.

Specifically, you:

(1) cited a Wiki article that says "Most modern car engines are broken in at the factory, before assembly. Therefore the old tradition of breaking in a new car doesn't apply anymore. Just drive as you normally would drive and treat the car the way you would treat anything else of value."

and

(2) said that you agreed with In2Deep's break-in method, which included, among other things: "For a performance engine -- run her through some higher rpm's every 75-100 miles, but not to redline. Ever. So, 10-12 run-throughts up through higher rpms within the first 1000 miles."

Your previous posts sound awfully similar to what I described above, and yet you called my posts short sighted without providing any reasoning or even recognizing that other viewpoints are valid. One of the many problems with stating your opinions in a conclusory manner as if they were proven facts. Just sayin'.
Armonster is offline   Reply With Quote