View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #120 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
I disagree. The spacers are aluminum which is much too soft to support the car's weight. The lip is designed to align the spacers and wheels. Once you tighten the lugs down, the spacer lips probably experience no force at all.

With the privilege of an impact wrench, I don't loosen my lugs until the car is in the air now.
ahh so you see, while they appear hubcentric by design they are not functionally hubcentric at all. it's only used to aid centering the wheel during installation... like how lug-centric wheels come with plastic centering rings. you dont put the vehicle weight on the plastic rings.

if that's the case it's buyer error. you bought the wrong parts for your application. I suggest you remove them for safety and get proper hardware that support the weight of the car as it should for those hub-centric wheels.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote