Thread: Berk CBE Help
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
gotchu99
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z black mt,
gotchu99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonT View Post
gotchu99> so just to confirm you took one inch off the tailpipe and the tip is one finger width from flush with the top of the bumper lip? If you cut the tip collar also as Mandingo did how much do you estimate you can cut off? Enough to be flush?

Really would appreciate the feedback as I just bought this exhaust. I may go with Invidia instead, but those look a finger width or so past flush anyway, so if I can get to there or better I might as well just stay with the Berks.
Brandon, yeah I took one inch off the tailpipe because as you can see in the pictures on page one mine were way out for some reason. I guess when these exhausts are handmade you tend to get variations. There is plenty of metal on the collar to take off another inch or so to get them flush. If you get the Berks just take some metal off the collar of the tips first and see where you are at. Your exhaust might not be out as far as mine was to begin with. If you are still out to far then trim the tailpipe as well. Between the two cuts you should have no problem getting them flush. I don't mind that I am now out only a fingers width from the bumper. If it starts to bother me I will just trim the collar down a bit. I have Berk HFC's with the CBE and the sound is perfect. I still would recommend this exhaust, just sucks that it now needs some tweaking to get the fit right.
gotchu99 is offline   Reply With Quote