View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #118 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Any chance you guys who experienced broken spacers might have removed/loosened your lugs before jacking up the car?

Today I was swapping brake pads and was loosening the fifth lug on my rear wheel when I realized the car wasn't jacked up yet. I started to see the car settle lower and about had a heart attack when I realized the weight of the car would be sitting on the spacer lip. Fortunately I caught it in time and jacked the car up before fully removing the last lug. I could definitely see this sheering off the spacer lip though.
first off i always break my lugs loose while the car is on the ground. this is so i dont accidentally move the car while it's on jacks using my long-handle rachet. i dont loosen the lugs much, just enough to break it loose.

the purpose of the lip is to support the weight of the car. that is the hub-centric design. it shouldn't break off if constructed correctly.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote