View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Armonster
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z t/sp/6mt
Armonster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
Why would the manufacturer's recommendations NOT be the best way to handle THEIR product? I don't think I necessarily need to know "why" it's stated in the manual to follow. They're the experts. They're who I follow.
Because the manufacturer's goals are not always the same as a car enthusiast's goals. It's possible, for example, that Nissan wants us to break-in the engine in the way that causes the fewest warranty concerns down the road, even at the expense of some additional power. I'm not saying that is the case, but hopefully you see the point. We simply don't know for sure. That clearly doesn't bother you, and that's fine. But it's pretty ironic that we have a forum dedicated to modifying our cars (i.e. changing what the all-knowing expert manufacturer gave us), but then we aren't even interested in questioning their suggested break-in procedure.

Quote:
With how you broke in your car (1/2 and 1/2), what evidence do you have that you helped or hindered the longevity/performance/power/etc of your engine? If you do have proof and did tear down your engine or did other forms of testing, I stand corrected and will fully accept your claim.
I have no evidence, nor do I claim that my method helped or hindered anything in any way. That was not the point of my post (see above for the point).

Quote:
But until then, I will follow what my manufacturer recommends.
I am not trying to convince you otherwise, so go for it.
Armonster is offline   Reply With Quote