View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
MeetJoeAsian
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 350Z to G35c to 370Z
MeetJoeAsian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
I honestly do hope you're not accusing me of trolling. Um, I think other members of this forum are smart enough to find something weird about this. I just find it surprising that someone can sell a car for 2k OVER what they bought it for. Who wouldn't want to do that? Vehicles depreciate. That's a fact... unless you own a Ferrari or some other exotic or collectible. In the OP's case, it's a 4runner.

If he really DID sell it for 2k over... great... more power to him. Maybe he can share his secrets on how this is possible. I'd like to sell my Civic for more than its worth too.
right now, it's a seller's marker...used car's books are high right now....that's the reason why I'm iffy about getting another car...August 2010 we were selling pre-owned 2009 Toyota Camrys for $10.9k, and last couple months, we were calling those people back to trade their Camrys in for $12k...if you buy your car right, you can always sell it for a profit, hence wholesale to retail...remember this, when you trade in your vehicles, you are trading them in at a wholesale price, and when the dealership sells that car, they are retailing them....

With the situation in Japan after the tsunami, all Japanese manufacturers are hurting and dealerships are running on very low inventory..that's the reason why you don't see rebates and incentives on new cars like you see every year around this time, and that's why there's so much incentives on certified pre-owned vehicles...the Toyota 4Runner is imported into the US, and it's one of the vehicles that will be not coming to the US for several months (maybe beginning of next year), so supply and demand dictates that since we have only 1 brand new 4Runner on the lot and we're not getting anymore in, well if people want a certain one, they will have to purchase used (just like the Prius right now)...

Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 06-08-2011 at 12:02 PM.
MeetJoeAsian is offline   Reply With Quote