View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomagachi View Post
I just wanted to see how the pearl white color holds up after a few years. I hate seeing white cars that are out on the road and they look like they have been urinated on. You know like that yellow dirty tinged look. Does that happen with the pearl white color on the Z after a few years?
What other color can do this in the sunlight and shade, when properly polished, glazed, sealed, and waxed??? That flake makes it all worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
a little care goes a long way. no matter the manufacturer, neglected paint is neglected paint. It all turns to crap if not taken car of in some form or fashion. Our pearl white is no different, ive seen good and bad after a few years. I take very very good care of mine and expect its sheen to last a long long time. hope this helps!
I agree whole heartedly with Jay. (in fact, seeing Jay's car on these forums helped me picked PW for my color ) I polish and deswirl my cars 1x to 2x a year, doing only 1 major correction after initially purchasing the car, then follow proper washing and detailing methods from then on. I then use a very light finishing polish and a gray no-to-low cut pad for subsequent polishes. That's why my 11 year old Civic still looks like it was off the showroom floor. And that's been driven daily and been through 11 Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa winters.

Just like anything else, paint must be properly cared for. It will look as good as the amount of care the owner puts in to it. I can show you cars around here that are 1 month old, and already look like a$$. It sickens me.

On another note: Jay, I have been meaning to ask you. WHO is that picture on your avatar? looks familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceformer View Post
I'm on my second white Z, the color holds up if you take care of it. It's the rock chips you have to worry about....
Trance, for rock chips, get a clear bra right away after purchase. I've been toying with the idea of getting one for YEARS. On a new car we bought 3 years ago, I was THIS close to getting a clear bra. I chose NOT to (stupid), and got a major rock chip on the drive home from the dealership. I was majorly pissed off.

I finally decided to take the plunge and got one for the Z. Best purchase I've made for any of the cars I've owned. To this day, I have ZERO chips. Nada. Zilch. None. In addition, bugs come off with the slightest wipe using detail spray. No yellowing. No peeling. And warrantied for 5 years. Best part is, just get a new clear bra if the need arises. Paint stays showroom floor new underneath. Can't even tell clear bra is on there unless I tell people.
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra

Last edited by FromG2Z; 06-08-2011 at 09:03 AM.
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote