View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bonzo
Track Member

Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Bonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuszNissan View Post
I am not sure what the outcome will be for the 2011 Z. I have asked Nissan Corp. Management about the inventory levels and if they are just going to skip to the 2012, and I get the deer in the headlight look.

I think the tsunami wiped out a lot of the inventory. I usually carry 23-30 Z's at this time of the year, and I have 6 if that tells you anything. And I Zero coming in.
Wow. That sucks.

Yeah, it's the zero coming in I'm really worried about. I'm starting to think there are zero allocations anywhere right now, which means zero new orders. Hopefully, they only took a month off, but that's part of the worry. When did you get your last allocation to order? Was it in May or April or March or worse? I can wait, but I'm just worried dealers and Nissan themselves will raise the prices in the mean time to cover the losses.

A dealer here has a car close to what I want, but it's got the splash guards (which I personally really don't care for), and the nimrod screwed the front plate right into the white part of the bumper. I don't want 2 drill holes in my brand new car. Besides, this dealer F'ed me so hard when I got my Murano from him that there is NO WAY I will give him my money again. I am really not ready to pay for a new car until August or September, so that's why I wanted to order it now and not just buy it off the lot. But I'm starting to wonder if 2 bumper holes and splash guards might be the least of my worries.

You don't have this car do you?

Equipped WITH (stuff I do want)
-7 speed Automatic Transmission
-Sport Package
-Pearl White Exterior
-Black Cloth Interior
-Carpeted Floor Mats
-Illuminated Kick Plates (optional, won't make or break)
-"Z" Valve Stem Caps (Dealer Installed)

Equipped WITHOUT (stuff I don't want)
-In-Mirror Rearview Monitor = $785
-Carpeted Trunk Mat = $95
-Splash Guards = $225 (according to the website, these are optional, and I do NOT want them)

Cheers ---- Bonzo
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote