View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by advan37 View Post
I also have the same concern if i mount the oil cooler in front of the radiator , its not only blocking it (i also have Stillin 3G intake blocking the upper area) but the oil cooler will create heat which will affect the A/C too.
I am thinking to mount it far away from the radiator , behind the bumper in the driver side , will see if i could do that.
The radiant heat has no detrimental effect on the A/C. At speed the air flowing off the oil cooler is only going to be 5-10 degrees warmer than it was before the oil cooler was installed. There is still plenty of air pressure to force the air through the radiator and condenser.

There is also nothing wrong with putting the cooler behind the bumper cover on either side, but the problem in that case is generating enough air flow on both the inlet and outlet side.