View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samb03 View Post
my understanding was the Nismo's responded better to mods that a base model. If the VVEL which hasn't be cracked yet is tuned different it maybe advantagious to run it that way. I can't justify a rev up tune since the closest dyno shop that is rev up certified 5 hours from me. This I can get done for FREE.
I would guess that the only difference between the two programs is a little more knock tolerance. The standard ECU program pulls timing pretty quickly if they detect knock, but there is also a knock map that determines how much knock should be tolerated before pulling timing. It would be interesting to pull the stock maps up on two cars to compare side by side.