View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #131 (permalink)
codpet
Base Member

Drives: Eclipse 2007 GT
codpet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBee370 View Post
^^ Have you driven the new Z yet?
Nope - I'm not sold on it yet. I'm comparing a number of cars, in the 45-50 range. I'm an engineer, I'm leaning towards this car, because of the engineering specs are better than the others, rather they be a Lexus, or even a Lotus.

I'm an engineer, I'll go with what looks better on paper and in theory first, and then I'll take three cars for a drive.

I have some friends telling me not to consider the Z, friends who are mechanics, one Japanese, but their reasons are the lack of a back seat, which I don't care about.

So far, I'm starting to wonder, I come on this form and people are telling me not to buy one, and that Porsche would be a better performing car. I even read a thread on this form where people who have all this experience were bashing RWD cars for under-steer.

They obviously didn't look up the ratio's for sports cars and under-steer, the engineering specs - the 370Z has an under-steer ratio of only 19 degrees, big deal, if you can't compensate for that then you shouldn't buy a RWD car. There isn't a car out there, sports, or otherwise that has a better ratio than the 370z.

Last edited by codpet; 07-16-2009 at 08:10 AM.
codpet is offline   Reply With Quote