View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom370Z View Post
Ok... So, I've decided that I like the look of Kenchan's Z with the spacers and the stock ride height. What I don't want is the slightly softer ride due to that lower wheel rate. None of the aftermarket spring options seem to keep me near factory height except the Nismos. My question is, is anyone running the Nismo springs with the sport struts? Should I be looking to replace my struts along with the springs on this since they were made for each other?

Not sure...
i would probably go ahead and use the spacers and stock sus setup for now and wait for koni to release yellow's for our cars. or, once you're done with your stock tires get RE11's or try the new S04's for the stiffer sidewalls. (stay away from ContiDW if you want stiffer ride as they have soft sidewalls)

if you get the swifts chances are you might like the ride but you will need to worry about other things... like alignment (camber), if these springs are progressive rate will need bigger swaybars, clearance issues, etc.

right now im running the weds with ET38 (19x9)/ET15 (19x10.5) setup. no issue on the ride. i will most likely be getting yellows down the road over stock springs. i dont like tinkering with just springs. it is either stock, stock springs + adjustable dampers, or coilovers with my spring rate of choice and full damper adjustment.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote