View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bonzo
Track Member

Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Bonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond repute
Question Dealers Lying Or Has Nissan Put A Hold On Production

So I've been trying to order my Z the way I want it, but I'm having trouble finding a dealer that got an allocation this month. I've now talked with 6 dealers in my area, and none of them got an allocation. Of course they are are all trying to find/sell me a car from some far away place right now, with options etc I don't want, but that's not what I wanted. There's more on that but that's not my question.

Here's the question.....
2 of the 6 dealers have told me "that word on the boards" is that, due to the Tsunami, Nissan is putting all it's resources and inventories towards making it's top sellers like the Murano, and has indefinitely halted production on the Z and the GTR.

So are the dealers lying to me, or is this true? Anyone here know?

I'd really like to get this car exactly how I want it, but now I'm nervous about when that might be, if ever, if they decide to halt it a long time or even forever. This would be very bad news for me for sure.

Thanks for any input you can provide ---- Bonzo
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote