View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexRaymond19 View Post
Thank you Red_Zed! I figure the exhaust can wait a while until like you said i can hear one in person... Its sorta difficult to hear them in person being located in Maine and all. As far as the intake goes, how involved is it? I like to think that i am mechanically inclined, and have performed a number of works on snowmobile, dirt bike ect... I've done a little looking around and see it involves taking the front bumper off. Im not too concerned, as long as it does not take longer then an afternoon of labor and a 6 pack :-P Any hard modifications need to be done like cutting and grinding existing parts ect?

Thanks for the input! Anyone else know of any other cold air intakes i might want to check out?
There's a little bit of dremeling required to get the filters to fit. I haven't done it, but it doesn't appear to be bad. There's a write-up in the DIY section if you want to check it out.

Another popular intake option is the HPS post-MAF tubes with K N filters. There's a massive thread in this section on it.

This is what I personally run. Power gains are negligible, but it helps clean up the looks of the engine bay a bit, which is what I was mostly after.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote