View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
KillerBee370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with passion
KillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond repute

Once the assembly is completely out of the car, wrap the knob with a micro fiber cloth, put it in a vice (not too tight) and you should have the bottom end of the OEM shaft sticking straight up with the loop end at the top. Stick a long piece of metal through it and twist.

Viola! And no damage to the stock knob. This is the exact method I used when B&M was installing mine. (They couldn't get it off either and I came up with this method which worked like a charm).

Edit: If your knob is stripped then obviously this won't work. And you're going to need a lot more leverage than that screwdriver as the metal piece I was talking about...

Last edited by KillerBee370; 06-06-2011 at 06:29 PM.
KillerBee370 is offline   Reply With Quote