View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 09:06 AM   #59 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
I like the feeling of the TT especially in the Z32. The linear power delivery of the SC is great, but it doesn't give me a nice old school sound and feeling of the Z32 TT. Who doesn't like the turbo spooling sound? I'm shuffling my finances a tiny bit, but the goal is to get it paid off as quickly as possible. Once I settle down and get my own pad in about 6-12 months, this big project is financially the last thing on my mind.

In terms of labor cost, a high estimate of 30 hours at 110-125/hr. The labor charges I got quoted includes installation of the kit, oil cooler, aftermarket gauges in the stock location (requires removal of entire dash), clutch/flywheel/CSC, and rear camber kit.

The cost of the kit is the retail price on GTM's website. You can order a brand new VR38 intake plenum off a Nissan parts site like Courtesy, but it's not plug and play. I got mine used from a blown motor. Look at the White Dragon project in the F.I. section. It's just a waiting game with GTM to see when they finish the intake manifold and start selling the retrofit kit. That's what's holding me up right now, but at least it'll buy time to pay off stuff.

Ah, I thought you were doing the install yourself. And if not, why not? Is it uberly complicated? I was hoping if I did get a kit, myself and couple of friends could do it over the weekend... (hope is the keyword)
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote