Thread: Tire issues
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 02:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
Zof9i6
Base Member

Drives: 370z
Zof9i6 is on a distinguished road

i had the same issue. i got a metal size of a quarter in my rear tire. i added air and it is leaking big time so it must be unpatchable. so i went to big o tire. they were right next to my house. and the guy suggest nitto nt850, asymetrical tires. i dunt know about tires so i just get it. its was $205 a piece. expensive, i know. anyways i need tire right away so i just say go ahead install it. still using stock yokohama in fronts.

so i thought im good, and then i drove it on freeway and it swerve going on straight line. i can feel its rear doing it, not the front. ok i thought maybe needed break in. i call and ask if it should be swerving on strait aways on the freeway. its even worse on a not so strait and in the freeway too. it feel like rear tires slide and jumpy. they say let it break in 1st so i said ok. and about 600 miles in it still doin it. so i call and he let me return and get different ones. so they priced the yokohama advan sport at $290 each. i was like ok. ill just do it. add $180 from original price i paid for the nittos. and hope it is worth it to pay to feel safe driving again.

then when installed, even brand new, it didnt swerve at all. so i dunt know what was wrong. is it the nitto 850 or is it diff type tires on front and rear to causes the swerves?

now even tho i paid so much for stock tires im happy its safe. before i was driving with one hand on the wheel, when it was on those tires i drive 2 hand on wheel to turn wheel back to other way when it swervy. now comfort of driving is back even tho i overpaid. next time i aint goin to big o tires even tho they had let me return the bad tires. good service by them but way too pricey. soon ill need replaced the fronts so now im doing my homework on some tires.