View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #732 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oil temp graph/Engine wear = Longevity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
To these points specifically though, this graph says a lot about (A):

And as far as (B) goes, the obvious factors that contribute to a higher oil temp are: Time spent at high RPM values, Ambient temp, airflow to the front of the car (and thus vehicle speed), and engine load (uphill worse than downhill, full throttle worse than half throttle, etc).
Is the reference graph results for a 2009 370Z or 2008/09 G37 (same engine) or are you implying result from various engine makes/models tested in a somewhat overally simplistic theory?

"No one has objectively/scientifically/under controlled circumstances demonstrated when/under what conditions the engine oil temperatures rise."

I will gladly volunteer my 370Z with manual transmission as a "test 370Z". I'll even install a on-board computer so I can datalog my Z's engine temps, outside temps, engine load, engine water temp,etc. and will share the results with Nissan corporate or Nissan Motorsports. All Nissan has to do is PM me (37Z). I do not work for Nissan; however, I have owned many Nissan cars and was involved in the survey that lead to the 240SX re-design.

Last edited by 37Z; 07-15-2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: additional comments