View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
dad
Grand Prix of Endurance

Drives: Mulsanne Straight
dad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessobear View Post
First off let me start by saying that this is not a thread where I'm trying to ask how to get out of this ticket. I was speeding and that's the end of the story. I was on 295 near Richmond heading to OBX and got nailed for 92 in a 70. It was stupid, I just wasn't paying attention and let my speed creep way up on an open section of road.

So the advice I'm looking for is do I get a lawyer or not? It's actually pretty funny, my name must have gone into some database because I've probably gotten 15 letters from traffic lawyers offering to represent me. My initial thought was just to show up, plead guilty and pay the ticket. I have one previous speeding ticket in Fairfax County in 2009 for 15 over. No other VA traffic tickets.

Help me understand the theory behind getting a lawyer here. My concern is that I'd just pay a couple hundred bucks for some lawyer and end up with the same damn fine.
There is a number on your ticket for the Virginia Traffic code you broke. Google the number + Virginia traffic codes or laws , see what your up against!

We can do without any article of luxury we have never had; but once obtained, it is not in human nature to surrender it voluntary.
dad is offline   Reply With Quote