View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough
Default Do you use a mild polish after claying?

Obviously it depends on the paint color, how bad it may be scratched etc etc.

I just bought the car like 3 or 4 days ago and the place I got it from said "yeah, we'll pick it up, clean it and have it filled up with gas". I said... don't touch the car ... fill it up and i'll take care of the cleaning... i've see sooooo many butcher jobs when it comes to dealerships cleaning new cars... they just want to hurry up and clean it and get it out of there.

Anyway, as I said, I washed it once just to get all the pollen off of it and then again last night I washed it really good and pulled it into the garage.

My Fiancée and I clayed the car with some Clay Magic (which is an AWESOME brand of clay by the way) and closed the door. I'm now either going to wash it again and just seal it, or wash it, use a mild polish (Menzerna's final polish) and then seal it. Looking at it in certain lights and angles I can see VERY mild scratches, but do I really want to polish the car already?

Honestly, it's pearl white and I can't see any scratches on the car unless I look at it every way possible right up close.

I just didn't know if I wanted to do all of that with the car that was brand new, but wait until more correction was need before I brought the Flex out.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote