View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #728 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
A) Thanks for the graph but what oil was tested? Was it synthetic or non-synthetic? How old is the data and where does it come from?

I guess what I'm asking is how applicable is that graph to the 370 using a high-quality full synthetic oil?

I think another appropriate question would be, and I don't have any idea what the answer would be; how much in terms of days/weeks/years/miles driven will the "Max Life" be compromised if, for example, your engine is always running at 230 rather than the max life you would get if it's always running at 180?

In other words, does it mean you'll get 1,000 less miles in total out of the life of the engine or 50,000 less? Don't we need to know that to properly gauge just how significant all this is?

B) I think we can assume all those are factors but I don't know that they explain why some people seem to have "constant" problems while other don't seem to have any.