View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
chuckd05
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No longer a Z
chuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6spd View Post
Come to Long Island New York and open a track here. We have an old abandoned Air Force base out east that has two long runways just sitting around. The land is slowly being purcahsed and turned into various companies but the runways are still there. We have a few groups that are pushing for a track since we have NONE at all on the island but it keeps getting turned down.
My old professor Steve Kenny was pretty much the head guy who got the west Hampton track shutdown for "noise pollution" amongst other reasons.

I liked him until he told me that. He was ao against it and I tried to explain to him why it's good and he had 100 reasons why it is a negative and in a the town of south hampton propery owners get what they want.

They were fighting back and forth and than two agreed upon
A hefty payment plus kickback On the property's future revenue. Pretty much made it a no brainer for the guy to give it up. He originally only had the track open On weekend days than as they kept it open longer more and more people
Complained. He said he would be surprised for any town to let a track
Be built from here on out. It's a tough one to sell to a board.