View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nismo221
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z Nismo
Nismo221 is on a distinguished road
Default Toying with the idea of making a drag strip

Mainly because there is not a 1/4 mile strip close to me. I know that it would take several years of planning. But I would like imput from people that are at tracks alot and maybe people that have worked at one.

I would like to find an old air stripe and just refinish the surface. But what type of surface is the best? I know the best drag strips that time to build up rubber on. But I'm sure that it is not just asphalt or is it?

I don't even know if it would be a public race track or more of a privite track, for maybe some small events and car shows. Kind of invite only things so insurance should not be an issue.

Has anyone tried this or do you know of someone that has?

I have heard that if you have a 1/4 mile track you should double the distance of the track as stopped room. So the whole track would be 3/4 of a mile long. Does that sound about right?

I have not looked in to trees and time systems yet. So i will have to figure out what all is involved with that.
25 row oil cooler, Z1 test pipes, Greddy Ti-C 70mm dual exhaust, 15mm front/20mm rear spacers, RE-11's, V1 detector, LED interior lights, LED tag lights, Password JDM CF engine and radiator cooling covers.
Nismo221 is offline   Reply With Quote