View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #725 (permalink)
TheWeatherman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MTw/Sport
TheWeatherman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
You guy's must work for Nissan, if not they should be sending you checks. If there's no issue here, if this is only in other peoples minds, then why did Nissan put oil coolers on all the new Z's they sent out to the magazines for testing, they don't put them on other Nissans when they are being tested, they know there is an issue here, the coolers prove it. You mentioned that there is no scientific, controlled studys on how and when the overheating happens, how about everytime I drive my car. If you were having this issue with your car, that would be all the scientific evidence you would need. You need to study up on engine oils an see how the oil begins to break down when it is overheated to the 240-250 range. At this point, at whatever percent of breakdown, it is lubricating the engine less and less, which leads to engine wear and internal problems.
Nissan already told us. If you're racing the car put on the cooler. Who says oil breaks down at those temps? What oil? Those graphs are so ambiguous. Who did the study? Who says our engine is designed for thick oil? Viscosity is the thickness of the oil. You know, why am I even responding? This was all talked about ad nauseum before. Call Nissan if you're having a problem. Read my posts about my conversation with the quality control engineers. That will answer your questions. Done.