View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanx1 View Post
sub'd for arguments and for full blown epic thread fights.

Off topic was this the inspiration behind your car name?
( Click to show/hide )
I used to have a major crush on Xena the warrior
LOL.... yes, I was hoping to hear opinions from both sides of the fence. I wanted to hear a lot from those folks who have F.I.'d. Do they like it? Was the cost worth it? Maintenance/repair nightmares? Streetable? etc etc

And btw, to respond to your Zena question, that's Xena, not Zena But yeah sorta.... I wanted to name her Zoey, but I couldn't get Zena out of my head... It means something in greek too. I forget what it is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
my Z has a fujimura muffler and the manufacturer claims gains and weight reduction. i got it for the sound. im also currently running HPS hose and KN drop-ins. would i consider that a mod? not sure, it's borderline gains.

as for the wheels and tires it's a definite improvement in appearance (for me) and ride quality so there's gains there. is that a mod? not sure... more of a customization to reflect the kinda guy i am, i guess. hahaha.
Never heard of Fujimura, Ken. So it's just the muffler and tips? The rest of the piping is Stock? How you like it? Got a video clip? I'd love to hear it.

Yeah no K&N drop ins for me. I had it on my G, but I dunno.... didn't really notice much gains, plus the filter just felt and looked dirty to me all the time. I know it probably had nothing to do with it, but my Mobil 1 full synthetic oil was ALWAYS black even when changed after 3 months ever since I got my K&N filter. Can particulates enter the combustion chamber from the intake???? hmmmmmm Right now I just have Wix filters in the OEM box. Really happy with them. More filter media than OEM, but yet slightly better air flow. And best part, it's dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnavone View Post
Stock feels slow! I drove my shops stock 370 the other day and its night and day difference.
Please talk more about your FI setup.... what kind? how much invested? you like it? install a pain in the rear? any issues? streetable? best part about it is........??? worst part about it is.............?
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra

Last edited by FromG2Z; 06-03-2011 at 01:29 PM.
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote