View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #721 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Robert, I can appreciate what you say about your car, but it's not fair to assume that all 370-Z's run at the same temps as yours, from what you have said about yours, I know mine does not. Discounting everybody elses experience based on your car is very frustrating to those of us that truly do have an overheating problem.
I'm not trying to negate anyone's experiences but I think my points remain.

To the best of my knowledge...
A. No one has objectively or scientifically demonstrated "how hot is too hot" with regards to today's engines and engine oil or that the temperatures owners are experiencing are actually a danger to the engine.

B. No one has objectively/scientifically/under controlled circumstances demonstrated when/under what conditions the engine oil temperatures rise.

Until the above has been done by someone with no ax to grind; all we have are anecdotal stories and the anecdotal stories that have been presented have been all over the board - pretty much the only consistency rests with those who track their cars. The other obvious problem with anecdotal stories is that it is absolutely impossible to know if what someone is claiming is accurate - again, I'm not trying to insult anyone but this is an internet forum; anyone can say anything so if someone builds an opinion on those stories they don't know if the foundation is, to borrow a phrase, made of sand or of stone.

I think we also need to keep in mind that this site; as do other enthusiasts sites represent a small percentage of the public who own 370s which makes it statistically risky to assume a wide-spread problem.

In any case, I think arguing about it, regardless of one's opinion, is fairly pointless...this horse has been beaten to death until even the blood stains have been separated into their molecular parts.

Live long and prosper.

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 07-15-2009 at 02:46 PM.