View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold
Default Worth it, to go F.I.???

Mods, if this is in the wrong section, I apologize and please move. But I wanted to post this in the general discussions section because I wanted to pick the brains of non-F.I. folks as well.

I usually keep my sports cars for about 7 or so years... then I eventually sell/trade for another better one at the end of that time. I have never gone F.I. before, though I did own a twin turbo RX7 a few years back. So I figured, it might be cheaper (and more fun???) to just go F.I. and keep the Z much longer.

What are everyone's thoughts on going this route? Is it worth the $6-$7k to go F.I.? Is the extra hp really worth all that? Also, I live in a small town where there really isn't a tuning/install shop but 3-4 hours away So my big worry is that going F.I. will require lots of maintenance, issues, etc. What happens if I need work done to it???? Hopefully it's something I can do on my own..... but.....

Anyways, just wanted to start a conversation on what all your thoughts were on going F.I. or just sticking with basic bolt ons. Pro's, con's, concerns, comments, etc.

Thanks guys.
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote