View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 04:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

One of the most annoying thing after you wash your car is the water that stays in the side mirror, rear taillights or headlight etc and as you drive away, they drop on your paint and ruin the finish/look. One of the ways to solve this problem is to buy the Adams Blaster Sidekick Adam's Blaster Sidekick by MetroVac or if you want a cheaper solution, use an electric blower like this one below:

cheap electric blower from Home Depot. As per Junkman, you gotta make sure you use electric blower. DO NOT use gasoline ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q76DwrE1kaE

Paint Correction:

This is Adams new flexible backing plate that came with the PC. The previous one was yellow therefore it was easy to write with marker. But since it’s black now, I simply took some white paint and painted a think white line. This line will be visible when I start correcting and I can see clearly if my pads are rotating enough or too much.

I taped up anything that MAY be in touch with the pads. It’s a good idea as removing those residue from the headlight or taillight MAY be troublesome.

I did a small test area first with the Swirl and Haze and fine machine polish and the end result was beautiful. It was amazing to see how beautiful the car CAN be. HOWEVER, it was almost 3:30pm. This means I had about 5-51/2 hours to finish my PC job. Which left me with NO choice but to use polish and machine super wax. I wanted to use swirl and haze remover but that would have taken me 6-7 hours+. Once the sun sets, I can’t do it anymore. This is one of the huge drawbacks of not having a garage . However, the Monterey Blue color is SO forgiving and hides swirls so well, I was confident I’d still get a VERY good result from just the fine machine polish and machine super wax.

Since I was running against the time, I really didn’t take much pictures of the PC job. But you can follow Junkman’s or Adams instructions. It’s VERY easy.

JUNKMAN’s instructions: Junkman's "How to Completely Repair Your Paint Damage - The Videos!
Adams’s instructions: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
porter cable polishing: YouTube - ‪Adam's Polishes Vol. 7 - Chapter 15 - Porter Cable Polishing‬‏

Came out pretty good.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote