View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
90 ST
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 90 and 15 GMC Sierra
90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonT View Post
I had the base non-Bose system, and upgraded the HU to a JVC unit a couple weeks ago so I could play mp3's off my usb stick. I don't want ot get wrapped up in upgrading everything but the factory speakers are pretty crappy. So I'm looking bang for the buck and will probably go with a Scanspeak Discovery woofer and SB Acoustics SB29 tweeter. Both are very capable at the extremes of their passband, so I have maximum flexibility in regards to the crossover point. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a cap or coil buried in the door or dash.
For that much money you would be better of getting a 6.5" set, as thats what fits the doors, from a car audio line.
90 ST is offline   Reply With Quote