View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #110 (permalink)
BeachBum
Base Member

Drives: 10 MB 370z Tour 6sp
BeachBum is on a distinguished road

dAvenue, black/black as well. I wanted the bitone, however, at the time they had just been released and the bitones were no where to be found. I have to say the parkerizing they use has held up well, only a few glossy area's where the holster touches the slide is all that was damaged. 3.8 compact will be a bitone!

I get asked a lot why I carry. Quite simply, why not? Put the guess work on the criminals. They have no idea who has a gun and who doesn't. That cannot but help keep crime rates down. I do not feel just anyone should carry. If you do not have adequate time to practice, and you are not comfortable with the firearm, it's probably not for you. Being even tempered and the use of good judgment is also highly recommended. So you will never hear me suggest to someone they should carry. However, there has never been a situation I was in where having my firearm was bad. It's concealed so unless I have to use it, no one knows I have my firearm. And when/if I need it, I have it. I am not a police officer, nor do I think I am. Our police officers are overworked and underpaid, they cannot be everywhere at once. They do a great job, but again, only so many cops per citizen. So, therefore to me it is simply a supplement and peace of mind. Only two guarantees in life... You will die at some point and you must pay taxes, beyond that it's all a gamble. I just want every available chance to defend myself and my loved ones should the need arise.

As for Glocks...My fingers are too big for the Glock grips so they tend to hurt my hands so that is why I simply don't carry my Glocks more than I do. Beyond that, I am a happy Glock owner as well. Reliable, cheap, and consistent. Not only the requirements for the women in my life...but guns as well!

Last edited by BeachBum; 06-02-2011 at 07:47 PM.
BeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote