View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
kielbasa16
Track Member

Drives: 09 Blk Z Spt
kielbasa16 will become famous soon enoughkielbasa16 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econ View Post
Just saw one in person (Kielbasa16's), and it looked very nice, however like others have said you need to find a good body shop to make it look right.
Thanks Econ. I can only speak to the quality of the bumper. I was warned by a few people that have tried it to stay away from the bumper, but Stillen assured me that the issues with fitment had been resolved. Its my favorite bumper out there so I bit the bullet. As has been said, the two corner pieces right up by the headlights come as seperate pieces which is annoying, but my body shop did a great job making it unnoticeable. I am keeping a close eye on that area to see if the paint develops any hairline cracks, but so far so good. The only spots where the fitment is a little off is right under the headlights (theres a tiny gap). On my black Z I can get away with this without noticing it. Also, this bumper is very flexible. Its not as solid as the stock piece, not sure what its made of. Last thing I will say is that I am going to try to avoid removing and reinstalling this bumper unnecessarily. I had to take it off to swap out the mesh grill for a new one and I feel like if I had to do it many more times the fitment would deteriorate, but I may just be being paranoid. Anyway, I love the bumper 100 times more than stock and I love its exclusivity. Heres a picture