View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #59 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FricFrac View Post
Impresive. So you either have the ability to change the light source wavelength to one that the flaw will defract or reflect the light or change the flaw so that it defracts or reflects the wavelength of light you have available..... Sorry but that's just defying physics...

I think what you meant to say is you have excellent eye sight and with a broad spectrum light source you can easily detect flaws in paint and clearcoat.

Broad band gives you the majority of wavelengths to reflect or refract. Narrow band will help eliminate reflections and refractions of items of no interest (eg non-flaws) and help highlight flaws. That's why multiple various light sources are helpful.
I cannot even begin to explain how I can do it, I just know that when I fix my paint, you won't find a scratch in no matter what light source you use. If I needed a different light source for different scratches, then my paint wouldn't look flawless no matter where it was looked at. At night under the bright supermarket parking lamps, under the blazing hot sun, in my garage under the natural incandescent bulb lighting or halogen lighting, I can see every scratch. Add to that the power of my camera flash and when I claim it's flawless, you can take that to the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyefields View Post
This isnt Bill Nye "The Science Guy" is it?

haven't heard about him in a while!