View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #33 (permalink)
armensti
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z/Tring/Spt/6MT
armensti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
I used to have the K40 laser jammer (which they call a laser "defuser"). Ran it for years, and it never failed me. But when it came time to put a new one in the 370, I switched over to Blinder, because they redesigned the K40 laser jammer with a new 'feature' where it automatically shuts off and stops jamming after 5 seconds of jamming. The theory behind this is that 5 seconds should be enough time to slow down, and by allowing the cop to get a reading on you after 5 seconds, s/he won't think you're running a jammer. Whatever. This is one feature I'd rather do without. I want my jammer to stay on and keep jamming. It's great fun to watch a cop repeatedly hit you with his laser gun, look at his gun as if it's malfunctioning, and hit you again to no avail. I just have to suppress my laughter when I drive by as he stares at me looking bewildered. I still have the previous gen. K40 laser defuser on my wife's car though (it stays on rather than shut off after 5 seconds). Over the years it's saved her about 7 times. Neither one of us has gotten a single ticket from laser since 1999, which is when we started using these wonderful devices. Our V1s have also saved us numerous times, but in my area they predominantly use laser, which suits us just fine.
isnt it illegal to have a laser jammer? i think it would be a better idea to hardwire the jammer somewhere in the car with an on and off switch so once you see the cop you slow down and turn off the jammer so he gets a reading because if he doesnt then his gonna know that you got a jammer and stop you right?
armensti is offline   Reply With Quote