View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 02:42 PM   #2556 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Nice. Keep this one away from curbs!

Are you not replacing the adjacent tire?

yah, i still can't believe i curbed it. im very careful in parking lots and drive slow but must've been from fatigue (lack of sleep working on the Ings splitter all week long... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
Ken, you seriously bought a new rim/tire just because you curbed it? holy moly.... it can't be repaired?
yep. that's how i play this game. i also wanted a spare just in case i get a flat i didnt want to have to wait for the tire to be replaced or plugged. it's not unusual for me to have one extra wheel front and back especially that these tires are asymetrical i can use it on either side.

the curbed tire that's on there right now appears to be okay with the cement i used on the 2mm or so thick rim protector area, but i didnt want to keep driving on it as another hit in the same spot could potentially disturb the fibers inside. i could not see the fibers so im 99% sure it's fine but why cheap out on some DW tires which are only $240 each when my car cost considerably more??