Thread: Venaci Wheels?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 12:46 PM   #277 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

I usually order straight through Volk or Work for my wheels and even though the rep said two months turnaround he is probably quoting you the time it takes for what they have in stock in japan. He is a sales guy repping the company. I have talked to them many times always quoted 2-3months and then bam 7 months later my wheels finally show up... just my experience though.

Also, if you havent kept up with the news in japan or other alternative news sources around the world. The nuclear reactors 1,2 & 3 of 6 total have gone into total meltdown if I recall correctly... This is by far the worse Nuclear accident even greater than that of Chernobyl. I went to Ukraine last year for vacation and the locals try to stay away from that area even 50+ miles away to avoid the side affects of the radiation. My friends there told me that even going there for a day is extremely risky.

but enough of the offtopic...

docaam you may be right it may be the importers that bulk the containers but then again alot of people are asking for $4000+ wheels with a $2500 budget... The importers may have to cut costs where they can to stay profitable. (I am not saying this is what happened) Air freight to Atlanta, GA from Japan was like $1200+ when I was last quoted...

If I had to guess Rick was asked an ETA so he called the factory/transport and was given an ETA then said ETA did not come through and customer gets angry and calls again.... Rick follows the same method and so the cycle repeats itself until Rick gets the wheels stateside... Outside of the delays I havent heard of Rick not coming through on an order and I have heard him offer refunds to people who werent patient enough to wait for their wheels and the funny thing is most of the time they probably decline the refund and wait like everyone else and get their wheels in the end.
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054