Thread: Venaci Wheels?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 11:29 AM   #273 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt@UAMotorsports View Post
^ what he said!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
Are people on long waits ordering custom rims, i.e. custom widths and offsets that aren't typical for our cars? I'm just curious if there is a manufacturing reason for this. I know there's already a list of people waiting, what would be really interesting is to get more samples to do a data analysis on. For example, did people who receive their rim around the same time order similar type wheel configurations? Are the outliers ordering crazy setups?

Consider that Volks, etc. are 3 month to 4 month waits if you order. Keep in mind, though, that you're ordering a wheel of which they make a big set of - I don't think you custom offset a Volk rim very often, if you do you paid up the arse to do it. The most you can do is custom coloring, and that's easy, it's the forging that's hard. I think ordering a 'Works wheel' also...heh, works the same way. Prescribed widths and offsets, and have at it.

But to manufacture a one-off custom wheel offset the way Venaci offers, the cost is really, really high. I wouldn't be surprised if the manufacturer waited a while to see if anybody else made a similar request so they can reduce manufacturing costs a bit. Of course, information like this should be known up front, so the buyer knows exactly what they're getting into. It really isn't as simple as you think to set up the CNC machines correctly.

Also, shipping from Japan is insane, and by ocean freight is the most cost effective thing to do. I was dying for months waiting for my amuse stuff to arrive piecemeal. Furthermore, and I hate to bring up bad memories, but keep in mind Japan did just get walloped by an earthquake, NOTHING is shipping out of Japan in an expedited fashion...hell, Subaru won't even let me know where my car is.

Not to defend the constant ETA updates and what not, and one year plus is getting excessive, but I'm saying that you still have to consider the engineering costs and time required to build a true 'custom' wheel. It's not as easy as flipping a switch in the machine.

Anyway, hopefully everybody arrives at a...er...peaceful solution that works for all parties involved.
Someone agrees with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abgyak View Post
So Finally its Tuesday... Rick.... time is ticking... U have til 5pm LA time before i press the escalate button to paypal claim.... I will not accept any BS reasons or whatsoever accept for the tracking number and some documents as proof with my name and date on it...

If u keep ur promises, i wont escalate to paypal claim, but the dispute remains open until 15 June 2011.. If i dont receive my stuff by then, im sorry to say but i have to force to escalate to paypal claim as paypal will automatically closes the dispute on that day... Its not my fault... Its ur multiple fake promises since Dec 2010 that made me do this....
We understand the position you are in, and you are on the list that was put together to document where everybody is on their wheel orders. I fully understand your frustration, but airing out your grievances and threatening a PayPal claim on a public forum does not help the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormos View Post
My story
sometime in November 2010 I ordered the wheels WORK Vivid Racing came after me in April 2011, after opening the parcel, I found that two wheels have different offsets than I ordered +5 - +20. Now I'm waiting on a revised set.
You ordered Work wheels from Vivid Racing, what are you doing in a Venaci / VIP thread?

凛 ('Rin') - 2009 Nissan 370Z
With silence comes peace. With peace comes freedom. With freedom comes silence.

Last edited by phelan; 05-31-2011 at 11:33 AM.