View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 08:34 AM   #892 (permalink)
hansoac
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z Sport CY
hansoac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
Yes, it's the EFS 6x8 lifting platform I listed above. It's a 2x2" 11 ga. steel frame surrounding two 4x6, 3/4" plywood pieces, and the plywood is then covered by 2 4x6, 3/4" heavy duty rubber mats for a total area of 6x8. the frame is the best part since over time as the rubber and plywood wear out, I can swap that out and the frame will last forever. I went with this over just a couple rubber mats since if I miss a heavy deadlift etc, I don't have to worry about damaging the concrete foundation of my house. And it's quieter too so I don't wake the wifey when I'm training at 2 or 3am.

/\ besides all the other reasons (PTSD etc), now that I've got this setup, there is no way in hell I'll ever train at a commercial gym again. It's nice to play the music you want, train whenever you want, not have to clean up after other people, deal with other people etc. If you're serious about lifting and have the space, it's a great investment.

Amen. I workout at a VERY commercial gym as it is close by. It is an Urban Active..training staff is a joke and it might as well be a night club because it is full of a bunch of 19 yr olds who are there to try and hookup.
hansoac is offline   Reply With Quote