View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

As mentioned, you need to check with your local state laws as to how to correctly pay tax and register. Adjacent states are used to dealing with this kind of thing (I too recently got a 2010 in MD, we are in PA: they collected the tax to pay to PA (6%) else I would have to pay it when I registered the car. I expect PA plates soon as they submitted that for me).

If there is a specific option/color combo you want, it may never come close by given the low volume of the Z, or if it does you may not be able to get them down in price: that is the chance you take.

If you feel that is the case, then work with the CA dealer. If you have time, may be
a good opportunity to get a cheap one way ticket out, buy the car, and road trip it home: could be some lovely sights to see, and some nice variable speed break in on the Highways (where in some states you can go quite fast )

Otherwise, if you are shipping it back, the $ you save probably is not going to make sense on the sale vs. waiting for a local model. Invoice pricing is invoice pricing.

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote