View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Masa
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Family Cars
Masa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond repute

I personally never saw the point in it. My other car that I drive is a 2002 EP3 Civic Si hatch that I got new. I still have it to this day 137k miles on it original clutch, etc... Things like belts, hoses and the like you can tell before they need a replacing. The only non-wear item to have failed me in that time was a throttle body, which I replaced myself.

Like others have said - after your initial 3yr/36k - most of the things that would have gone wrong would have done so by now. Also, my Civic is modded (VTAK y0!) so warranty won't be that useful. It's mostly about staying on top of maintenance and learning how to check/service things for yourself.

IMHO -- it's better to stash your money into savings and invest in a service manual so you can do your own repairs.