View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #65 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Ken, the cf pieces came clear coated like the lip. Did you reclear the part? My lip is already scuffing thanks to crappy dips, but survives speed bumps. I'm going to get something to reduce or prevent further damage.
thanks for the info.

huh, my ings was raw CF when i got it. it had glue and resins still hanging where they glued the top and bottom pieces together, rough to the touch, etc. i filed the excess resin off, 3 levels of wetsanding, then applied UV clearcoat, then polished. it was a lot of time for me. i was expecting to get a finished product and just mount it on my car but no~...

and the tape and screws they included in the package was a frikken joke. i used the tape in 2 layers in the front middle and used my own larger machine screws, washers, and nuts to install it. turned out great as expected though.

but i know i wont have the lux to do all that work again on the sides down the road so that's why i asked.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote