View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #36 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnCallZ View Post
This bothers me a lot, for example; had a new camaro pull up next to me - both the (I am guessing) husband and wife gave me this disdainful look and proceeded to chuckle, for the next 5 miles the guy matched my speed and kept stroking his beard while revving/ trying to get a race out of me, eventually they got bored and took off.
The guy is lucky you didn't take him up on his "offer". In any case, I'm not sure what he was laughing at...fairly big price tag, an unfortunatley cheap interior and no better/perhaps worse performance compared to the Z (in fact the Camaro isn't even in the same league as the 370 on anything other than a straight road).

From C&D...
CAMARO
0-60: 4.8ssec
1/4 mile:13.3

370Z
0-60: 4.6 sec
1/4 mile: 13.1

Obviously results like this will vary from magazine to magazine; driver to driver; day to day, etc but it's at least apparent the even the "top dog" Camaro (at the moment anyway) has nothing on the 370.

I've owned three Firebirds (1973 Formula 400; 1976 TransAm; 1979 Trans AM) and one Camaro (2001 Z28) so I've nothing against the F-body and I'm glad the Camaro is back but facts are facts.