View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
noche619
Base Member

Drives: nissan frontier
noche619 is on a distinguished road
Default nissan gold preferred plan v original warranty

I just purchased my vehicle brand new 2011 from a Nissan dealer. The finance manager sold me an after-market extended warranty without mentioning that it was not a Nissan plan. When I realized what I had purchased, I asked that they sell me the Nissan Gold preferred plan for othe same price. She agreed to do this and to send me the paperwork via Fedex. It took a week to get the paperwork.
The same day I received the contract to sign, I got a flat tire. I called Nissan 800 number thinking I'd be covered for roadside assistance under my original warranty. I was told I would not be covered under original warranty but would be covered under Gold plan. She took my info and said I could get reimbursed for the roadside assistance ($62) after my plan is in effect.
I'm confused trying to figure out my coverage. The Nissan phone person said I'd be covered but looking at info online it seems the gold plan doesn't start until after the original warranty period?
Also she said I'd be covered for replacement of the ruined tire. this has to be done via the local Nissan dealer. I called two dealers service dept. One said yes; the other said this would be for Maintence Plus plan, not security plus plan.
I'm pretty disappointed in my dealership right now and don't even want to talk to them.
I'm ready to just go buy a tire and deal with reimbursement for my roadside assistance and possibly tire if covered later.
Can anyone help?
thank you
noche619 is offline   Reply With Quote