View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. Yeah, the car was hardly ever run at all. I'm positive the owner almost NEVER floored it so I went out an blew out the carbon last night.

The car is definitely filthy but the paint is in great condition. I'm going to have her detailed either today or tomorrow (when I can get around to it) and post up some better pics.

I got it for $19.5K which was a steel since it's worth quite a bit more with those wheels and those miles.

The wheels are Custom HRE 540Rs. One has a tiny bit of hardly noticeable curb rash which I'll have fixed, but aside from that they're very clean.

I've already had the car sideways a few times... The low end torque is WAY more than my LS1 Trans Am's. At 30MPH on a straight, I put it into second and dropped the hammer... The car went sideways for a second and then the active handling came on. At that point, I held on very tight because I knew what was about to happen... The car straightened out, hooked and took off like a bat out hell... WHHHOOOOO! Scared the piss out of me at first.

I'll need to weight my car. I believe with stock wheels the Z06 is supposed to weight 3060 or 3090 with 1/4 tank of gas. This car has intake mods, so it could possibly be making more than 405... The CIA manufacturer says the CIA on it is good for 18HP at the crank. Dyno's show about 10RWHP. But I still am skeptical.

Last edited by Crash; 07-14-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote