View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
djpathfinder
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 GT-R BE
djpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond repute

Most current Nissan's and Infiniti's have the same mechanism. On my 2005 FX, there's a small white plastic tab that extends when you lock your doors. This tab goes through a hole in the gas door that prevents it from being opened. When you unlock the doors, the tab retracts, thus allowing you to press the thing-a-ma-bob that pops the gas door open. In my FX, in case of malfunction there is a small access port in the trunk area (part of the plastic trim) that allows you to reach in, pull on a cable of sorts to disengage this white tab to pop open the gas door. I imagine the 370Z's design is similar and similar access through the interior trim is in place as well.